- Actively supports and promotes the school’s mission, vision, strategic goals, and policy positions.
- Sets policy and focuses on long-range and strategic issues. An individual Board member does not become involved directly in specific management, personnel, or curricular issues.
- Accepts and supports Board decisions. Once a decision has been made, the Board speaks with one voice.
- Contributes to the Advancement of the school, including strategic planning for development, financial support, and active involvement in annual and capital giving.
- A Board member is a representative of the entire ISC community and must subordinate the views of a single grade, specific constituency or personal issue for what is in the best interest of the school.
- The Board has fiduciary responsibilities for the financial health and long-term sustainability of the school.